Sustainable NRMA in a Living City
B. Tech. Soc. Sci. Hons, MA Business, MAIM
using a word eg sustainable or
a phrase eg "climate change"
Sometimes Asked Questions
What would a sustainable NRMA in a living city look like?
Rising fuel prices?
Slowing climate change?
The public and private transport mix?
Two and three wheelers on the Roads?
Learner and provisional drivers?
What About the Cross City Tunnel?
Cycleways in the Inner West?
More flashing lights and lollipops needed?
NRMA Good Governance: An oxymoron?
What about the workers?
Incumbent Directors Rule OK
News & views
Doubts cast on validity of NRMA ballot
NRMA's bill sends battler to bankruptcy
Dr David Worth: MAD CAR disease
From the Glovebox to the Garbage Bin
Cut reliance on oil or face inflation
Why Voting Matters
NRMA Board Candidate for Simms
Chris has extensive experience as a Director and Chairman of the Board of several successful mutual companies and member based organisations such as Redfern Legal Centre Ltd., Strathfield Symphony Orchestra and Down Syndrome NSW.
Chris is Principal of a consultancy company advising on social and market futures. From 2001 to 2004, Chris worked with NRMA Motoring & Services to understand the NRMA operating environment and the needs and aspirations of members. Some strategies for a sustainable future are in place; others are urgently needed.
Chris has lived and worked around Sydney for 30 years. He understands the transport and mobility needs and problems of members in the City and the Inner West. He is a member of The Greens and has been active in campaigns around aircraft noise, urban freeways and open space.
He is standing for:
A Sustainable NRMA in a Living City
- Improved public transport in and through the CBD and Inner West
- Ethical governance in the interests of members
- Greater say for members in NRMA's public polic
For NRMA Services:
- Quality road services delivered at break even cost.
- Discount membership rate for socially disadvantaged
- Price discount to members for all products and service
For NRMA People and Resources:
- Commitment to all employees rights at work.
- Merit based recruitment, selection & remuneration.
- Road service vehicles powered by sustainable fuels
For NRMA Capital:
- Ethical Investment Strategy
- Ethical use of stock voting power
- Investment in sustainable fuels and energy efficient vehicle technologies.
- Product development in sustainable energy solutions and devices
Strategic Direction: Help and Sustainability
- Look after the land
- Support & strengthen membership
- Build community and connection
- Improve public transport
- Slow the rate of climate change
photo by: Ian Sharp
web design: Mark Gregory
image editor: Dave Webster
cartoon: Charlie Richardson